Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Umm. Hi.

Blog, what blog?

Am I good with keeping up with this thing, or what?

This has been an epic couple of months. No sooner was I in the new job when it was time to build the annual budget for next year, which meant a week of 14+hour days. This was not popular with the missus, who was on baby duty unassisted. If I had this to do over again, I'd definately find some sort of reinforcements to call in- grandparents, aunts, friends, whatever.

Here's the thing: babies are unbelievably persistant. You look at them and think there's no way they could beat you- after all, they weigh 12 pounds and are younger than most of your socks. But you'd be wrong. There's nothing that'll make you lose your mind faster than when your kid who is crying, and you can't figure out why. And if you ask me, no one person should beat risk of sitting through that for longer than, say, three or four hours. Any more and the risk of becoming criminally insane becomes unacceptably high for the average adult. But me- I left my poor lady exposed to that risk for four straight nights. Bad medicine, my friends.

Little Tori has found her smile, though. Yeah, I know I owe y'all pictures. But, one step at a time, here. I'll try to get some up very soon.

The smile thing- it may not seem like much, but this is a big deal. For the first two months, you get a lot of crying and poop, but not much in the way of rewards. That's actually really rough. Most parents seem to say that while being a parent is always rough, the kiddo will pay you back with love. But the hitch is, you just have no real evidence of that love for the first two months. Seeing that smile is awesome, though. I hate to sound like such a sap, but it really is.

I have no blog access at work, so my posts will probably come once a week at most... but then, I'm not sure anyone is reading this anymore anyway, so hey. Give me a shout if you are!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

w00t!! Good to see you blogging again(and to see that Kat didn't kill you for all that OT you had to put in).

Becki said...

Where have you been? Hahaha....

I tagged you for an easy meme to MAKE you post a picture ;) Check out the instructions on my blog.

I just finished going through old pictures here and found the one of you nose to nose with Maggie at the restaurant - you crazy kids!

Anonymous said...

"You look at them and think there's no way they could beat you- after all, they weigh 12 pounds and are younger than most of your socks."

=D Yeah, and then they cry and have you running. Glad to see another post.

Anonymous said...

Still here. I enjoy reading. :)

Anonymous said...

I hate to say "I told you so"

But I told you so

Hope all is well

K